01 02 03 Not Entirely Ordinary: Let's Get Some Shoes...Part 3: Boots 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Let's Get Some Shoes...Part 3: Boots

34
We've finally made it! Time to wrap up my ode to shoes. If you missed Part 1 on heels and flats or Part 2 on Sandals and casual shoes, I'll let you take this moment to click back and read up. 

This last section on shoes is all about the boots. I know this, like Part 2, can get a bit season specific, but they are such an integral part of my fall and winter wardrobe that I can't leave them out. I have to admit, it drives me bat-$**t crazy when women wear boots in the summer. It's warm...it's time to let your little piggies breath. Ugh...it makes me sweat just thinking about it. And Oh. Dear. God. don't get me started on Uggs with short skirts and shorts. 

Boots are such a great way to really pull an outfit together. And there are SO MANY STYLES, it's almost intimidating to browse the boots section of DSW. They can also get pricey so you want to make sure if you're going to invest in a good pair or two, or three, you will want to get good use out of them. I tend not to swing too trendy with boots because of the price factor and comfort factor.

Shoes 5


1, 2 and 3) Casual boots. I can't stress how awesome casual boots are. They are great to pull of a more funky/casual look. They can be worn with jeans, leggings, and skirts and dresses, if the occasion calls for it. There are just so many options. And if you're like me and afraid your giant man-calves won't fit in the more tailored zip up numbers, I like to make sure I've got a good slouchy pair (#2)
4, 5 and 6) Riding boots and boots with heels lend themselves to a more polished look. Polished doesn't necessarily have to mean dressy...just less slouchy. For boots with heels, as with pumps, try to look for a pair with some sort of platform if the heel is high. This will get the ball of your foot up off the ground for more long lasting comfort.
7, 8 and 9) Booties are just as awesome but sometimes a bitter harder to style.  I used to think that because my legs were a little on the thick side, I could pull them off. But now I see the error of my ways. They can be quite the chameleons ..dressing them up or down. If you are worried about booties making your legs look cut off, or thick towards the ankle, pair booties with like colored tights, leggings or skinny pants. Think black booties with black tights, that sort of thing. Just have fun with the style. Maybe browse the booties at Target (when in season) and go for a cheaper pair if you're trying them out for the first time. Once you know you love them, look into something a bit more expensive.

*One good rule to keep in  mind when shopping for boots of any style, if you have thicker calves, look for boots that come up to the knee. Same with booties. While I love them, they might not work for everyone. You never know til you try them out.

*When wearing boots over jeans, be sure to wear skinny jeans, or consult the styling gods of Pinterest to see how to make not-so-skinny jeans tuck neatly into boots without looking like you have a jean growth around your knee.

One last thing about boots...

Shoes 7

NO. UGGS. I cannot stress that enough. And while it is my opinion that they are the most unsightly pair of boots a woman or man can wear (and yet totally adorable on little kids), the style and necessity of them has mostly dwindled in the last fews years (Of course not if you look around Southern California...it's like a UGG style bubble down here). Can someone please explain to me the whole UGGs with short skirts?! I just don't get it. Yes. I have a pair. When do I wear them? In the mornings when it's cold and I'm walking my dog.

And a quick note as to some of the places I like to go when shopping for Heels and flats, Sandals and Casuals, and Boots:








Thanks for sticking with it. Maybe no one shares my love of shoe but if Pinterest is any indication, I'm pretty sure I'm not alone...


If you have any fashion, beauty, foodie, life in general questions...send them my way. 














Labels: , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38 Save your template, and you have successfully implemented redirection on your Blogger blog. However, you still need to setup redirection on your WordPress site so that users are redirected to the proper posts. You need to copy and paste the following code in your WordPress theme’s functions.php file or in a site-specific plugin. If this is your first time adding code to your WordPress site, then you may want to check our beginner’s guide to pasting snippets from the web into WordPress. 01 function blogger_query_vars_filter( $vars ) { 02 $vars[] = "blogger"; 03 return $vars; 04 } 05 06 add_filter('query_vars', 'blogger_query_vars_filter'); 07 08 function blogger_template_redirect() { 09 global $wp_query; 10 $blogger = $wp_query->query_vars['blogger']; 11 if ( isset ( $blogger ) ) { 12 wp_redirect( get_wordpress_url ( $blogger ) , 301 ); 13 exit; 14 } 15 } 16 17 add_action( 'template_redirect', 'blogger_template_redirect' ); 18 19 function get_wordpress_url($blogger) { 20 if ( preg_match('@^(?:https?://)?([^/]+)(.*)@i', $blogger, $url_parts) ) { 21 $query = new WP_Query ( 22 array ( "meta_key" => "blogger_permalink", "meta_value" => $url_parts[2] ) ); 23 if ($query->have_posts()) { 24 $query->the_post(); 25 $url = get_permalink(); 26 } 27 wp_reset_postdata(); 28 } 29 return $url ? $url : home_url(); 30 }