Ok. So we've established that I'm a fan of shoes. If you want to read up on my thoughts on heels and flats, head back over to
Part 1.
Let's get started with Part 2: Sandals and Casuals.
Sandals
This lot of shoes is only going to work for certain seasons (pretty much anyone not living in Southern California...sorry), but for me, I tend to get an almost year-round use out of these living in Southern California. Sandals are comfy, easy to style and great for a quick pick. These are just like any other shoe...if not properly fitted or broken in, blisters will happen. But that shouldn't stop anyone from wearing them.
1) Metallic sandals are a great go-to for
just about anything. Dressed up or down...I've even seen them worn by bridesmaids in a summer wedding. And Jackie Kennedy loved them...I'm just sayin...
2) Some call them strappy heels. I call them an awesomeness hybrid. They can
dress up any outfit without your feet sweating in a pair of pumps in the summer heat.
(The link is a pin of my latest event outfit worn to a Press Preview for Chicago at the Hollywood Bowl)
3) Gladiator Sandals pretty much rate up there with metallic sandals in terms of versatility. It does lend a little bit more emphasis to your feet...not quite as understated as a simple pair of sandals. You can go crazy and
lace 'em up to your knees or keep it to
your ankels.
I think you can go with either metallic sandals or gladiators. I like the gladiators because they add a little something extra to your look. I don't wear them too often, but I like them when paired with the right outfit.
4) Sometimes you can go with something
simple and neutral. These are a step up from flip-flops but not quite as dressy as metallics or dramatic as gladiators.
5)
Dressy flip-flops (or Thongs as my Father-in-law calls them)...not as laid back as a pair of
Rainbows or
Havianas, but nothing too dressy.
Casual
Aside from heels, these are the greatest things made for my feet. Seriously, nothing beats the versatility of an old, broken in pair of Chuck Taylors. As with all fashion, if you like the way it looks, rock it. You're seeing Chucks styled with anything from a pair of shorts and a tshirt to a breath-taking red carpet gown (
think Kristen Stewart when she swaps her Louboutins for her Chucks).
1)
Chuck Taylors. They come in a gazillion different looks, colors, styles.
They go with ANYTHING. They last FOREVER.
2)
TOMS. They come in a gazillion different looks, colors, styles.
They go with ANYTHING. They last FOREVER. And proceeds from each pair purchased go towards putting shoes on little feet in third world countries.
3)
Rainbow Sandals (or flip-flops as this Southern girl calls them). They come in a gazillion different looks, colors, styles.
They go with ANYTHING (just not with jeans if you ask the hubs...I disagree with him). They last FOREVER.
See what I did there....
Next up in the series...
Boots. Stay tuned.