34
So remember when I said this about working out...yeah. I might have been wrong.
Thanks to my new found love for the Biggest Loser, seriously...each one of the contestants in the final four have lost the equivalent of a 12 year old, and joining (and actually enjoying) the husband's gym, I have a new outlook for working out.
I always used the excuse that "big gyms are intimidating and never have what I need." Wrong. Husband's gym, though huge and extremely intimidating, provides me with just about everything I could dream of in a gym. There's the floor with a juice bar, cubicles for the salesmen in track suits and all the cardio equipment you could want; elliptical, treadmills, stationary bikes, oh my. Then the bottom floor full of free weights, weight machines, balance balls, spin classes, full sized mirror rooms full of awkward women trying to dance the pounds off, a pool, basketball/volleyball court, sauna, and ginormous locker rooms. And now, thanks to the Biggest Loser and the last-chance workouts, I grin every evening at the endless possibilities for making me sweat.
One of the reasons I've always been intimidated by big gyms is the people. I'm a first class people-watcher, but when it comes time to share work-out equipment with girls in tight booty-shorts, even tighter tank tops and perfectly messy top-knot buns OR the Schwarzenegger-huge guys in ripped T-Shirts, baggy shorts and lifting gloves...I get intimidated. It wasn't two days into my "test" week before I realized my intimidation issues were just silly. They are normal people. The booty-shorts girls stand in the locker rooms and perfect that little top-knot for far too long for a work out and they spend all their time walking around the weight room floor with their iPhones half shuffling through music, half texting. The big roid raging men...they just follow the booty-shorts girls around. It's quite entertaining.
Along with the Young and the Sweatless soap opera that unfolds before me daily, I've made a list of some of my etiquette tips of the gym...and this has nothing to do with proper work out routines. That's what Trainers are for.
-Wipe the sweat off the seat after you've used a weight machine. Repeat this to yourself..."If you drip, wipe it up."
-Asking if you can "work in" is fine. Huffing and puffing and rolling your eyes while impatiently waiting for a machine to open up is not and usually results in current user taking their sweet time just to piss you off further.
-Use the dumbbells to your little heart's content. When you're done, put them back.
-If you chose to do sit ups on the mat in the corner, specifically for sits ups, have at it. Don't sit there and chat up your friend like you're having a little pow wow. That's what the phone is for. If you insist on chatting, at do so while doing your sit ups so it's not quite as annoying. If you can talk while doing sit ups, that's a whole different issue.
-Taking a break in between sets is cool. Simply step away from the machine to take a breather. DO NOT sit there looking around for people that could be looking at you.
-If you're rotating between two different machines, it's not consider kosher to claim them both, especially if you're only using one of them. Go way back to your Pre-school days when they taught you to share.
-If you want to text, if it's that important that you can't wait the 45 minutes for your workout to count, get up and move, allowing for other gym patrons to "work in."
There are more, but, these are the most important (in my opinion). I was going to mention something about coordinating workout gear (ie: UnderArmor) but I'll let the hubs wax opinionated about that soon.
35
36
37
38
Save your template, and you have successfully implemented redirection on your Blogger blog.
However, you still need to setup redirection on your WordPress site so that users are redirected to the proper posts.
You need to copy and paste the following code in your WordPress theme’s functions.php file or in a site-specific plugin.
If this is your first time adding code to your WordPress site, then you may want to check our beginner’s guide to pasting snippets from the web into WordPress.
01
function blogger_query_vars_filter( $vars ) {
02
$vars[] = "blogger";
03
return $vars;
04
}
05
06
add_filter('query_vars', 'blogger_query_vars_filter');
07
08
function blogger_template_redirect() {
09
global $wp_query;
10
$blogger = $wp_query->query_vars['blogger'];
11
if ( isset ( $blogger ) ) {
12
wp_redirect( get_wordpress_url ( $blogger ) , 301 );
13
exit;
14
}
15
}
16
17
add_action( 'template_redirect', 'blogger_template_redirect' );
18
19
function get_wordpress_url($blogger) {
20
if ( preg_match('@^(?:https?://)?([^/]+)(.*)@i', $blogger, $url_parts) ) {
21
$query = new WP_Query (
22
array ( "meta_key" => "blogger_permalink", "meta_value" => $url_parts[2] ) );
23
if ($query->have_posts()) {
24
$query->the_post();
25
$url = get_permalink();
26
}
27
wp_reset_postdata();
28
}
29
return $url ? $url : home_url();
30
}