34
I know I've been MIA for like a year... sorry. But here's something exciting!
Now that Hubs has graduated and become a real attorney, I've decided to focus more effort and time on the ol Blog. That said...changes are in the works, starting with a move from Blogger to Wordpress. I've been contemplating this change for a year or so (thus the lack of content) and have decided to bite the bullet and make the change.
Bear with me as I make these changes happen. It's going to be a lot of trial and error with the help of some youtube tutorials.
I'll let you know when the new and improved Not Entirely Ordinary will be up and running.
Thanks!!!
35
36
37
38
Save your template, and you have successfully implemented redirection on your Blogger blog.
However, you still need to setup redirection on your WordPress site so that users are redirected to the proper posts.
You need to copy and paste the following code in your WordPress theme’s functions.php file or in a site-specific plugin.
If this is your first time adding code to your WordPress site, then you may want to check our beginner’s guide to pasting snippets from the web into WordPress.
01
function blogger_query_vars_filter( $vars ) {
02
$vars[] = "blogger";
03
return $vars;
04
}
05
06
add_filter('query_vars', 'blogger_query_vars_filter');
07
08
function blogger_template_redirect() {
09
global $wp_query;
10
$blogger = $wp_query->query_vars['blogger'];
11
if ( isset ( $blogger ) ) {
12
wp_redirect( get_wordpress_url ( $blogger ) , 301 );
13
exit;
14
}
15
}
16
17
add_action( 'template_redirect', 'blogger_template_redirect' );
18
19
function get_wordpress_url($blogger) {
20
if ( preg_match('@^(?:https?://)?([^/]+)(.*)@i', $blogger, $url_parts) ) {
21
$query = new WP_Query (
22
array ( "meta_key" => "blogger_permalink", "meta_value" => $url_parts[2] ) );
23
if ($query->have_posts()) {
24
$query->the_post();
25
$url = get_permalink();
26
}
27
wp_reset_postdata();
28
}
29
return $url ? $url : home_url();
30
}