01 02 03 Not Entirely Ordinary: Runaway 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Runaway

34
Hubs and I have been on the West coast for close to eight months now and I've been doing a lot of work on me, outside and in, but mostly outside. Before you jump all "you're just trying to fit in with the Real Housewives of the West Coast" let me stop you right there. I've just decided to take care of myself. No harm, no foul. 

I stopped eating meal back in October (a decision my mema still thinks I'm nuts about) mostly because I just feel better. Ever drink a smoothie or eat a piece of fruit or some steamed veggies and just feel better afterwards, that's how I feel when I don't eat meat. I've strayed a meal here and there and have dearly paid the price for it.  In addition to my greener eating, I watch how many calories I take in and put out with the MyFitnessPal App. It's pretty simple. It's not about a crash diet, starving yourself, killing yourself in the gym. You eat,  you workout, you take care of yourself. Period. It's not really that complicated. Yes, I allow myself a cheat day and yes, I frustrated sometimes when the number on the scale isn't what I want it to be, but it's changing nonetheless, and it's changing because I'm putting in the work.

I'm 27 pounds down and I'm still going. My goal weight is based on how much I should weigh based on my height, weight and healthy BMI. It's all about being healthy...not skinny, not a particular size. I just want to be healthy.  


My newest love is running. I know, I know. Yikes. I used to hate it and would come up with every excuse in the book as to why I couldn't do it. And then I just did it. And now I love it. It hurts like hell until I run through the pain and it hurts a little less. That's all. The pay off is much more rewarding than simply stopping to end the pain. I LOVE running on the beach. It's so much more fun than a treadmill or pounding the pavement. Yes, I know, it's not always accessible as it is for me as I live 8 miles from the beach. But as I'm lucky enough to have it close by, I take full advantage...


Right now I'm trying to build my endurance. As it was next to nothing when I started, I'd say my 12-13 minute mile isn't horrible. I am running 2 miles, then walking back.



My goal for right now is running a full 5k, or 3.1 miles. I'm at 2 without stopping. 



It's tough not to stop with so many pretty things to look at though. 



So I'll keep at it and update the progress in the next phase...whenever that is. 







Labels: , , , ,

35 36 37 38 Save your template, and you have successfully implemented redirection on your Blogger blog. However, you still need to setup redirection on your WordPress site so that users are redirected to the proper posts. You need to copy and paste the following code in your WordPress theme’s functions.php file or in a site-specific plugin. If this is your first time adding code to your WordPress site, then you may want to check our beginner’s guide to pasting snippets from the web into WordPress. 01 function blogger_query_vars_filter( $vars ) { 02 $vars[] = "blogger"; 03 return $vars; 04 } 05 06 add_filter('query_vars', 'blogger_query_vars_filter'); 07 08 function blogger_template_redirect() { 09 global $wp_query; 10 $blogger = $wp_query->query_vars['blogger']; 11 if ( isset ( $blogger ) ) { 12 wp_redirect( get_wordpress_url ( $blogger ) , 301 ); 13 exit; 14 } 15 } 16 17 add_action( 'template_redirect', 'blogger_template_redirect' ); 18 19 function get_wordpress_url($blogger) { 20 if ( preg_match('@^(?:https?://)?([^/]+)(.*)@i', $blogger, $url_parts) ) { 21 $query = new WP_Query ( 22 array ( "meta_key" => "blogger_permalink", "meta_value" => $url_parts[2] ) ); 23 if ($query->have_posts()) { 24 $query->the_post(); 25 $url = get_permalink(); 26 } 27 wp_reset_postdata(); 28 } 29 return $url ? $url : home_url(); 30 }