01 02 03 Not Entirely Ordinary: I want candy 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

I want candy

34
As part of my female DNA, I'm inclined to like shiny, sparkly, pretty things for my wrists, fingers, neck, ears, even my nose. That said, I'm a pretty consistent accessorizer  I wear the same rings on the same fingers (wedding bands on the left, 1 yr anniversary ring on the right), I keep the same studs in all my holes, aside from the 1st hole in both lobes (yeah, I might have a few piercings in my ears and the one in my nose). I'm trying to branch out and change it up.

Like most, I accessorize according to my outfit. I have a standard pair of gold hoops I wear the majority of the time, but will change it up when the mood calls for it. The one thing I will play with...my wrist candy. Some say it's just poor judgement in jewelry editing. I call it a way to wear several yummy pieces at once.


For the longest time, I boycotted wearing a watch, all because an old boss made me wear one as she was not a fan of the small tattoo I have on my left wrist. Now I try to wear one every day. Not to cover anything up, but mostly cause it makes me feel pretty.

Initial Necklace - Silver Initial, Gold Chain






My other go-to staple is this simple initial necklace. I have one with "S" for my first name. Waiting for my "C" to come in for my last name.

Take today for example. I'm wearing a fairly comfortable outfit. As a weekend worker, I like to be cute but comfortable. Heels aren't totally necessary when I'm one of two people in the studio all day:

Working weekend1 
-Some comfy jeans, necessary when sitting down at the assignment desk in the bureau all day.
-A cute/comfy long sleeve T to cover the arms, it gets chilly in here.
-The sweater/sweater vest...also cause it's cold in the bureau. Warm lights and equipment mean non-stop AC pumping.
-Flast, no heels required.
-Bag that holds everything a women could need. (Thinking of doing a "what's in my bag" post soon.


As for my wrist candy today, I decided to keep it simple. My watch, worn almost daily, came from Target. Looks fancy right? Again, I use the majority of my shopping budget for clothing and shoes. I'll go for the cheaper side of accessories that look nice and expensive, but really aren't. The green and blue bracelets were a find at the Gap in a bowl at the register. They were on sale and I'm pretty sure I didn't spend more than about $10 for the two of them together. The chain-mail looking bracelet came in a set from Claires. Again...cheap, but pretty. When I wear a loaded wrist like this, I try to downplay the other jewelry I wear by not wearing anything on my other wrist.

At the end of the day, it's up to you and your taste...you might not like the sound of jewelry clinking together as you talk emphatically with your hands. I like it. Growing up with a mom who always wore a charm bracelet of sorts, that sound, to me, is synonymous with being a grown woman. Like mother, like daughter. My advice, have fun with it. There is a point where it can look overdone, but that line is up to you.
.

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38 Save your template, and you have successfully implemented redirection on your Blogger blog. However, you still need to setup redirection on your WordPress site so that users are redirected to the proper posts. You need to copy and paste the following code in your WordPress theme’s functions.php file or in a site-specific plugin. If this is your first time adding code to your WordPress site, then you may want to check our beginner’s guide to pasting snippets from the web into WordPress. 01 function blogger_query_vars_filter( $vars ) { 02 $vars[] = "blogger"; 03 return $vars; 04 } 05 06 add_filter('query_vars', 'blogger_query_vars_filter'); 07 08 function blogger_template_redirect() { 09 global $wp_query; 10 $blogger = $wp_query->query_vars['blogger']; 11 if ( isset ( $blogger ) ) { 12 wp_redirect( get_wordpress_url ( $blogger ) , 301 ); 13 exit; 14 } 15 } 16 17 add_action( 'template_redirect', 'blogger_template_redirect' ); 18 19 function get_wordpress_url($blogger) { 20 if ( preg_match('@^(?:https?://)?([^/]+)(.*)@i', $blogger, $url_parts) ) { 21 $query = new WP_Query ( 22 array ( "meta_key" => "blogger_permalink", "meta_value" => $url_parts[2] ) ); 23 if ($query->have_posts()) { 24 $query->the_post(); 25 $url = get_permalink(); 26 } 27 wp_reset_postdata(); 28 } 29 return $url ? $url : home_url(); 30 }