01 02 03 Not Entirely Ordinary: For the dogs 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

For the dogs

34
Hubs and I don't have kids. At this moment in time, we don't plan on it. Don't judge. For the time being, however long that time is, we have our dog, our schmoopy, our Wylie.

He's a basset hound/austrian hound mix we rescued from a kill shelter in Alexandria, Va. I'm totally one of those dog owners who's phone is filled with pics of my child, my pup! He keeps me company when I'm at home with hubs studies in the library and he makes morning runs much more eventful, mostly because he's incapable of running in a straight line...keeps me on my toes. He's not very well trained, aside from "sit," "lay down," and that's about it. But we LOVE him!!!

That said, we decided to run his endless energy out at the neighborhood bark park last night. I didn't mean to be the creeper taking pics of other people's dogs, but they were just so stinking cute.


On the top of my "Oh my gosh, they are so cute I can't stand it: list, this pair of bassets. These guys stuck with each other the entire time we were out there. When one would waddle off, the other was not far behind, waddling as best as he could to keep up. Somewhere out there, Wylie's mommy looks just like this. OMG! SOO CUTE!!!





Then there's this little guy.  I couldn't get a decent pic of him because he spent the entire hour we were there sitting at my feet. I don't know who he belongs to, but every time we go there, this little guy is there, and loves my scratches. I'm impressed I managed to get a pic of him standing. He usually prefers sitting on my feet so I can't walk away from him. His happy place is a lot like Wylie's...on his back, all four paws in the air, tongue out, getting a good belly scratch.

I love watching all those dogs running around like nothing bad in the world has ever happened or will ever happen. And now, here's a few more of our pup:
Wylie and Hubs, trying out the new bed.

Wylie approves.




Labels: , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38 Save your template, and you have successfully implemented redirection on your Blogger blog. However, you still need to setup redirection on your WordPress site so that users are redirected to the proper posts. You need to copy and paste the following code in your WordPress theme’s functions.php file or in a site-specific plugin. If this is your first time adding code to your WordPress site, then you may want to check our beginner’s guide to pasting snippets from the web into WordPress. 01 function blogger_query_vars_filter( $vars ) { 02 $vars[] = "blogger"; 03 return $vars; 04 } 05 06 add_filter('query_vars', 'blogger_query_vars_filter'); 07 08 function blogger_template_redirect() { 09 global $wp_query; 10 $blogger = $wp_query->query_vars['blogger']; 11 if ( isset ( $blogger ) ) { 12 wp_redirect( get_wordpress_url ( $blogger ) , 301 ); 13 exit; 14 } 15 } 16 17 add_action( 'template_redirect', 'blogger_template_redirect' ); 18 19 function get_wordpress_url($blogger) { 20 if ( preg_match('@^(?:https?://)?([^/]+)(.*)@i', $blogger, $url_parts) ) { 21 $query = new WP_Query ( 22 array ( "meta_key" => "blogger_permalink", "meta_value" => $url_parts[2] ) ); 23 if ($query->have_posts()) { 24 $query->the_post(); 25 $url = get_permalink(); 26 } 27 wp_reset_postdata(); 28 } 29 return $url ? $url : home_url(); 30 }