01 02 03 Not Entirely Ordinary: Pinterest...you've ruined me. 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Pinterest...you've ruined me.

34
I'd like to think I'm a pretty up-to-date kind of girl without jumping on the uber trendy bandwagon for every neat thing Cosmo says I'm supposed to like. Pointy shoes, nope, you might be in style again, but I will continue to refuse you.

I feel like I have the same school of thought when it comes to social networking. You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, hell, I even had a Myspace page (it's long gone now). But the one that keeps me guessing, the one that I love to waste precious time with...Pinterest.

What is Pinterest? Well, I like to describe it as every "normal" girl's chance to feel like a fashion editor.

But honestly, it's a bit more than a silly web obsession. Thanks to Pinterest, I have a new found love for my closet. Truth! Thanks to the various fashion pins on the site, I am armed with a plethora of ideas of what to do with what I have. It's an aid to my sometimes lacking clothing creativity. But on the downside, it also makes me envious of the things I lack in my wardrobe.

But it's not just a site for girls to fantasize about someone else's closet. Lord no! I'm talking food, makeup, home decor, craft projects, books, music and fun things to read that make you laugh out loud.

Take some time to browse some pin boards...see if you find something you like.

But one little piece of advice for all you single pinners out there...DITCH the "Dream Wedding" boards. Unless you have a ring on your finger, you do not need a board for that.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

35 36 37 38 Save your template, and you have successfully implemented redirection on your Blogger blog. However, you still need to setup redirection on your WordPress site so that users are redirected to the proper posts. You need to copy and paste the following code in your WordPress theme’s functions.php file or in a site-specific plugin. If this is your first time adding code to your WordPress site, then you may want to check our beginner’s guide to pasting snippets from the web into WordPress. 01 function blogger_query_vars_filter( $vars ) { 02 $vars[] = "blogger"; 03 return $vars; 04 } 05 06 add_filter('query_vars', 'blogger_query_vars_filter'); 07 08 function blogger_template_redirect() { 09 global $wp_query; 10 $blogger = $wp_query->query_vars['blogger']; 11 if ( isset ( $blogger ) ) { 12 wp_redirect( get_wordpress_url ( $blogger ) , 301 ); 13 exit; 14 } 15 } 16 17 add_action( 'template_redirect', 'blogger_template_redirect' ); 18 19 function get_wordpress_url($blogger) { 20 if ( preg_match('@^(?:https?://)?([^/]+)(.*)@i', $blogger, $url_parts) ) { 21 $query = new WP_Query ( 22 array ( "meta_key" => "blogger_permalink", "meta_value" => $url_parts[2] ) ); 23 if ($query->have_posts()) { 24 $query->the_post(); 25 $url = get_permalink(); 26 } 27 wp_reset_postdata(); 28 } 29 return $url ? $url : home_url(); 30 }