34
Today is one of those days where if I had the balls to post pics of my outfits (well, me wearing the outfits), I would totally be proud to have it online. Instead I'll link the pieces I'm wearing and you can use your imagination. Well, never mind, I can't find the link to the skirt and it's a crucial part of the look.
I like to consider myself a fairly fashionable female, but it's not without effort, and definitely not without the help of a few key fashion bloggers. There are four in particular that I follow; Third Floor Closet, The Style Geek, Kendi Everyday and Girl with Curves
Now Kendi is possibly a world wide phenom and everyone follows her...so hello bandwagon, you've never looked so stylish! Her fashion is very eclectic, but not in a I-would-never-wear-that kind of way. The blog has definitely inspired some outfit choices from my closet. She now has an adorable boutique in Austin, TX called Bloom...and many of the pieces from the store are shown on her blog. Love it! And one day...if/when I ever get to Austin, TX, I will go all fan-girl on her store and show up with a print out of her blog asking for her autograph...oh totally! And before I forget, she also has a fun little personal blog too.
Next up for the career girl (I originally wrote 'working girl' but that seems a bit to street-walker for my taste), there's Third Floor Closet, penned by Jeanna. This blog is GREAT for any woman working in the man's world. Now, I do have a disclaimer...I know Jeanna. She's been a good friend of mine since our college days at CU. Now's she's a busy woman in the world of finance by day, and an awesome fashion blogger by night. She also showcases a nice collection of Stella and Dot jewelry.
Way on the other side of the country is the Style Geek. In a small, yet funky/lovely town called San Luis Obispo, CA, style blogger, Jenn, brings us her take on all things fashion, tech and everything in between. Again, my college has churned out some pretty stylish people, Jenn labored through the Communications major with me. Jenn's blog is perfect if you're wondering how to wear things and how not to wear them. I love how she breaks down what does and doesn't fit for certain body types.
The best thing about these and many other fashion blogs is they are real women with real jobs, real budgets and real lives. Cosmo, I love you, but I can't afford your suggestions. I'll stick with more practical fashion advice. Thanks ladies for putting yourself out there like you are!!! Maybe one day I'll post my own pics....one day...
What blogs do you follow? Link them in the comments!
35
36
37
38
Save your template, and you have successfully implemented redirection on your Blogger blog.
However, you still need to setup redirection on your WordPress site so that users are redirected to the proper posts.
You need to copy and paste the following code in your WordPress theme’s functions.php file or in a site-specific plugin.
If this is your first time adding code to your WordPress site, then you may want to check our beginner’s guide to pasting snippets from the web into WordPress.
01
function blogger_query_vars_filter( $vars ) {
02
$vars[] = "blogger";
03
return $vars;
04
}
05
06
add_filter('query_vars', 'blogger_query_vars_filter');
07
08
function blogger_template_redirect() {
09
global $wp_query;
10
$blogger = $wp_query->query_vars['blogger'];
11
if ( isset ( $blogger ) ) {
12
wp_redirect( get_wordpress_url ( $blogger ) , 301 );
13
exit;
14
}
15
}
16
17
add_action( 'template_redirect', 'blogger_template_redirect' );
18
19
function get_wordpress_url($blogger) {
20
if ( preg_match('@^(?:https?://)?([^/]+)(.*)@i', $blogger, $url_parts) ) {
21
$query = new WP_Query (
22
array ( "meta_key" => "blogger_permalink", "meta_value" => $url_parts[2] ) );
23
if ($query->have_posts()) {
24
$query->the_post();
25
$url = get_permalink();
26
}
27
wp_reset_postdata();
28
}
29
return $url ? $url : home_url();
30
}