34
I know, I know...I've got to get better at blogging regularly. There was once a time where I made sure to sit down with the little, white Mac that could and blog something profoud and funny every night. Yeah, I didn't think that would last long. I really am trying though. I have SO MANY things I want to write about and will get to them all...eventually.
So remember when I promised to make the DIY Chandelier and blog about that, yeah, well...I'm still working on that. Believe it or not, Target just doesn't have everything I need for that project, hell, Michaels fell short too. Bummer. Patience Iago...
In the mean time, I managed to bring out the Bakerella in me and make some cake pops. Here's the youtube tutorial that I sort of followed to make them. Oh, and if you don't know me well, I LIVE LIVE LIVE by youtube tutorials for everything from cooking and baking to makeup and hair styles.
If youtube isn't your thing, I tried to take pics along the way. They are blackberry pics, so they aren't fabulous, but it gets the point across.
You'll need: Cake mix (follow baking instructions on the box), Icing (nector of the gods), lollipop sticks, Candy Melts
Bake cake and let it cool.
Crumble! It's messy, but fun. Try to avoid nibbling while crumbling.
Add 2/3 of your chosen icing to cake crumbs. Yes, I'm aware that this looks more like a Wylie mess.
Mix
Roll
Dip the lollipop sticks into a bit of the melted candy melts then insert them into the cake balls
Stick them into the freezer for 15 minutes to set
In the meantime, melt your candy melts in the microwave for 2 minutes (or until fully melted), stirring every 30 seconds
Dunk the cake balls into the melted candy. Be careful not to stir the stick around or it will come loose from the cake
After dipping each pop, hold it above the bowl and rotate while tapping the access off. Then stick it in a piece of styrofoam, or a box top, or anything sturdy enough to hold the sticks upright until they are set. They set very quickly. Also, if you decide to decorate them, do it while the candy is wet.
And Voila! Here's a cake pop!
They really aren't husband's favorite, in fact, he doesn't like them at all, but he's the weird one who doesn't like cake or brownies, but prefers a handful of chocolate chips as dessert. I find that strange, but at the same time...effective when you're trying to limit your sweets.
These beauties came with me to work, and while I ended up eating most of them, the crew here really loved them!
35
36
37
38
Save your template, and you have successfully implemented redirection on your Blogger blog.
However, you still need to setup redirection on your WordPress site so that users are redirected to the proper posts.
You need to copy and paste the following code in your WordPress theme’s functions.php file or in a site-specific plugin.
If this is your first time adding code to your WordPress site, then you may want to check our beginner’s guide to pasting snippets from the web into WordPress.
01
function blogger_query_vars_filter( $vars ) {
02
$vars[] = "blogger";
03
return $vars;
04
}
05
06
add_filter('query_vars', 'blogger_query_vars_filter');
07
08
function blogger_template_redirect() {
09
global $wp_query;
10
$blogger = $wp_query->query_vars['blogger'];
11
if ( isset ( $blogger ) ) {
12
wp_redirect( get_wordpress_url ( $blogger ) , 301 );
13
exit;
14
}
15
}
16
17
add_action( 'template_redirect', 'blogger_template_redirect' );
18
19
function get_wordpress_url($blogger) {
20
if ( preg_match('@^(?:https?://)?([^/]+)(.*)@i', $blogger, $url_parts) ) {
21
$query = new WP_Query (
22
array ( "meta_key" => "blogger_permalink", "meta_value" => $url_parts[2] ) );
23
if ($query->have_posts()) {
24
$query->the_post();
25
$url = get_permalink();
26
}
27
wp_reset_postdata();
28
}
29
return $url ? $url : home_url();
30
}