34
Husband and I took a few extra days off work to head out to the west coast to celebrate mom-in-law's (or MIL from here on out) graduation from college. How lucky for us that it happened to be on the same weekend as the start of the summer holiday. I couldn't think of anything better than spending...well...any time in California. In the past three years I've grown to love that state. The weather is beautiful, 70 degress in San Diego in December, yes please!
We woke up before the sun. Ouch, yeah, 3am was way too early for my liking, but I'll do pretty much anything for the sake of a trip to California. Our flight left at 6am, and arrived in San Diego at 11. Perfect timing for lunch on the waterfront. After a nummy lunch with fresh seafood (for the meat eaters) and an AMAZING Strawberry and spring mix salad (for me, the veggie lover) we headed to the National University Graduation.
We couldn't be more proud of MIL, and I'll be gushing over her and her accomplishments shortly, but please allow me a moment to dish about the most AWESOME people watching opportunity I've ever had! Oh Mah Gah!!! The shoes! The dresses! The hair! The Makeup! The ill-fitted outfits the wearers ought not to be wearing! It was truly amazing! I wish I would have thought to snap some pics to share cause my words just won't do it justice. You had people all shapes, sizes, colors and surgical procedures! TV and movies did not prepare me for what really goes down. It was Amazing! And I'll leave it at that.
Now, back to the reason for the show...MIL lived her life for her two boys. When they grew up and out, she decided to take matters into her own hands and went to school to get her Bachelor's in Childhood Education. How awsome is that?! She's an awesome lady, a great mother, a fantastic drinking partner, and so much more!
After two grad ceremonies and dinner with the grandparents, the next day was spent doing exactly what I planned on doing...baking my butt in the sun as much as possible. Turns out, that only took about 2 sunscreenless hours to turn me into the most painful shade of lobster I've ever experienced. I think I'm finally done with the peeling...after two weeks. But hello base tan!
Next up, a party...the best thing about going to Husband's parents' house...the parties. Oh the parties. They really know how to bash. We ate well, drank well, and hot-tubbed the heck out of that night. I was able to escape the evening with only a handful of "Oh dear Shannon...you're so red!" Thanks.
Next up, a trip to the OC to see where Husband spent his formative high school years. He lived in the heart of Orange County. Have you seen Real Housewives of Orange County? He went to school with Vikki's daughter. He lived in Coto de Caza. Yup, the heart of Bravo's version of OC. They lived there long enough to get him swimming through high school, literally, build a house, sell it and they were gone. It was a "holy cow" filled drive around Coto, seriously, this place is it's own city. It has it's own fire department, sports complex, outdoor concert venue (one that acts like the Beach Boys, The Eagles and even Michael Jackson have performed at), Old Town and SOOO much more! Wow. I was in a whole different world!
Next up on our "Shannon has to see at least one new site in California" stop...Malibu! To know that one can live right across the street from, or even right on the beach, and not be on vacation is astounding! Where do I sign up?! It was breath-taking...so beautiful! Even saw the paparazzi in hot pursuit of Phil Jackson, coach of the Lakers. Gosh that man is tall.
Then they took me to DISNEYLAND!!! Well...Downtown Disney to be exact. Just outside the park with a night-life feel but yet, you're still immersed in Disney. LOVE IT!
Every time we go to California, I fall in love with it even more. There are experiences there that I never had growing up on the East Coast. Don't get me wrong, I love where I grew up and will always be FROM North Carolina. But the West Coast offers so many different things that you can't get on the East Coast, and vice versa.
So now the countdown to the annual Cullinane Family Beach week in Pismo beach...in August...sigh.
35
36
37
38
Save your template, and you have successfully implemented redirection on your Blogger blog.
However, you still need to setup redirection on your WordPress site so that users are redirected to the proper posts.
You need to copy and paste the following code in your WordPress theme’s functions.php file or in a site-specific plugin.
If this is your first time adding code to your WordPress site, then you may want to check our beginner’s guide to pasting snippets from the web into WordPress.
01
function blogger_query_vars_filter( $vars ) {
02
$vars[] = "blogger";
03
return $vars;
04
}
05
06
add_filter('query_vars', 'blogger_query_vars_filter');
07
08
function blogger_template_redirect() {
09
global $wp_query;
10
$blogger = $wp_query->query_vars['blogger'];
11
if ( isset ( $blogger ) ) {
12
wp_redirect( get_wordpress_url ( $blogger ) , 301 );
13
exit;
14
}
15
}
16
17
add_action( 'template_redirect', 'blogger_template_redirect' );
18
19
function get_wordpress_url($blogger) {
20
if ( preg_match('@^(?:https?://)?([^/]+)(.*)@i', $blogger, $url_parts) ) {
21
$query = new WP_Query (
22
array ( "meta_key" => "blogger_permalink", "meta_value" => $url_parts[2] ) );
23
if ($query->have_posts()) {
24
$query->the_post();
25
$url = get_permalink();
26
}
27
wp_reset_postdata();
28
}
29
return $url ? $url : home_url();
30
}