34
In the 3rd grade I was told I wasn't allowed to play baseball anymore because "girls don't play baseball, only boys do." In the 10th grade I was told it's impossible for a guy and a girl to be just friends without any feelings involved because girls always get their feelings involved. My sophomore year of college I was told that I should reconsider my desire to produce TV because "It's a man's world, women just get in the way."
And in 2011, I'm the only female in this office, and I'm cool with that.
What's the point?
Honestly, I know...it's a man's world. But when and why did that become the standard? Why is it that a man can say anything they want to a woman, and if the woman gets upset we get "oh, stop being so female?" Well, you know what...I am female. I'm just as strong as you. And by the way, female is a gender, not a verb.
I grew up in a house where the man was outnumbered. I was your typical tomboy growing up, aside from the dancing, gymnastics and cheerleading, but the cheerleading was mostly because I sucked at basketball. But that was my choice. I chose to love playing soccer. I chose to roll around in the dirt with the other boys, until I was told that wasn't what girls do. And ever since then I've either fought tooth and nail to do what girls DON'T do or be girly with a vengence. Yes, you can do both.
I wonder why it is that the second my marital status changed to married, I automatically took up this mind set that it was my job to come home in the evening and make sure the apartment was clean, food on the table, slippers and newspaper ready when the husband came home. I didn't want him to lift a finger. But that's not me. I never acted like that before so what is it about becoming a wife that turned me into June Cleaver? She's by no means a role model for me. I'm trying to snap out of that. I'm trying to be the me the husband fell in love with, not her 1950s counterpart. So I hung up my pearls and nylons. I still wear the pretty apron, mostly because it's too cute to keep on a hook. And he's back to emptying the dishwasher while I cook...we're a good team.
Take my job, as I mentioned about four paragraphs up. I work in TV, I think that's been well established. I chose to do something not because it's a man's job, but because I think it's cool, it's fun and I'm tired of people deciding that what Britney Spears ate at McDonalds for lunch yesterday is apparently breaking news. It's my turn to decide that the breaking news is the fact that children are dying at an alarming rate in Uganda due to LRA violence. Yup, you had no idea did you?
I get ready for work in the morning knowing that what I wear has to be "Male appropriate." That means I wear a lot of scarves. And really, I'm not bothered by that. I don't blush when some dude makes an off-color comment in front of me. And yet, I feel a bit relieved when I hear "I'll tell you later, there's a woman present." I'm part of the team, but not considered "one of the guys." Growing up I always had more guy friends than girl friends, so I'm used to it.
Maybe this blog is just a B***h session, maybe it's because the whole "Man's world" really doesn't sit as well with me as I'd like it to. Maybe it does. All I know is that in the last few weeks, I've really felt compelled to get "Female" in this blog. So men beware, there's a whole lot of estrogen dripping from this and the next couple of blogs. Sorry.
35
36
37
38
Save your template, and you have successfully implemented redirection on your Blogger blog.
However, you still need to setup redirection on your WordPress site so that users are redirected to the proper posts.
You need to copy and paste the following code in your WordPress theme’s functions.php file or in a site-specific plugin.
If this is your first time adding code to your WordPress site, then you may want to check our beginner’s guide to pasting snippets from the web into WordPress.
01
function blogger_query_vars_filter( $vars ) {
02
$vars[] = "blogger";
03
return $vars;
04
}
05
06
add_filter('query_vars', 'blogger_query_vars_filter');
07
08
function blogger_template_redirect() {
09
global $wp_query;
10
$blogger = $wp_query->query_vars['blogger'];
11
if ( isset ( $blogger ) ) {
12
wp_redirect( get_wordpress_url ( $blogger ) , 301 );
13
exit;
14
}
15
}
16
17
add_action( 'template_redirect', 'blogger_template_redirect' );
18
19
function get_wordpress_url($blogger) {
20
if ( preg_match('@^(?:https?://)?([^/]+)(.*)@i', $blogger, $url_parts) ) {
21
$query = new WP_Query (
22
array ( "meta_key" => "blogger_permalink", "meta_value" => $url_parts[2] ) );
23
if ($query->have_posts()) {
24
$query->the_post();
25
$url = get_permalink();
26
}
27
wp_reset_postdata();
28
}
29
return $url ? $url : home_url();
30
}