01 02 03 Not Entirely Ordinary: Oldie but a goodie 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Oldie but a goodie

34
When I was in college I had my very own radio show.  Yup, I was totally a Radio DJ.  And not college radio, it was an actual, state-wide, honest-to-goodness radio show.  I had the Saturday primetime (which is 10-6) show. If you tuned in to Oldies 107.9 on Saturdays while lounging by the pool or cutting grass or what now, you'd hear me say "It's.....Shannon!"  I played some great music from Simon and Garfunkel, a must in my show, to Jim Croce, Jackson Brown, Ike and Tina, etc. 

When I was growing up, those were the oldies.  Now for example, I was on the way to work today listening to the Kane Show and they decided to play some "oldies."  I thought, awesome...this will be some good music, maybe something from the 70s, hell, even some of the early 80s.  And what did they play you ask? 

They played "No Diggity" by Blackstreet. 

Are you kidding me?!  Come on!!!  When did Blackstreet become Oldies?!?!  It came out in 1996.  I was in the 7th grade.  That's not oldies.  Led Zepplin, The Doors...those are oldies.  What does this say about me?  Am I now considered "old"  before I even reach 30 years old?! 

Ugh, don't even get me started about turning 30.



Posted by Shannon

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38 Save your template, and you have successfully implemented redirection on your Blogger blog. However, you still need to setup redirection on your WordPress site so that users are redirected to the proper posts. You need to copy and paste the following code in your WordPress theme’s functions.php file or in a site-specific plugin. If this is your first time adding code to your WordPress site, then you may want to check our beginner’s guide to pasting snippets from the web into WordPress. 01 function blogger_query_vars_filter( $vars ) { 02 $vars[] = "blogger"; 03 return $vars; 04 } 05 06 add_filter('query_vars', 'blogger_query_vars_filter'); 07 08 function blogger_template_redirect() { 09 global $wp_query; 10 $blogger = $wp_query->query_vars['blogger']; 11 if ( isset ( $blogger ) ) { 12 wp_redirect( get_wordpress_url ( $blogger ) , 301 ); 13 exit; 14 } 15 } 16 17 add_action( 'template_redirect', 'blogger_template_redirect' ); 18 19 function get_wordpress_url($blogger) { 20 if ( preg_match('@^(?:https?://)?([^/]+)(.*)@i', $blogger, $url_parts) ) { 21 $query = new WP_Query ( 22 array ( "meta_key" => "blogger_permalink", "meta_value" => $url_parts[2] ) ); 23 if ($query->have_posts()) { 24 $query->the_post(); 25 $url = get_permalink(); 26 } 27 wp_reset_postdata(); 28 } 29 return $url ? $url : home_url(); 30 }