01 02 03 Not Entirely Ordinary: Multiples of Five and Other Ways I'm Winning 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Multiples of Five and Other Ways I'm Winning

34
I realize I should probably use my first official post to introduce myself or, at the very least, offer some sage advice or witty anecdote on parenthood. And I know you're all dying to hear about our latest struggle of getting our beautiful and smart almost-nine-month old to take her bottle when she's clearly so over it ... I mean, we're on solids and finger foods now, folks. Formula was so three months ago. (See, riveting, right?) I'm going to instead bore you with another aspect of my life ...

Multiples of five ...

I am incapable of stopping the gas pump on any number that's not a multiple of five. So, my total has to be something like $26.05 ... or $26.10 in order for me to be able to walk away from the station without feeling incomplete. Weird, I know. But it's a small victory to leave the pump with a nice round figure I can easily remember (on the off-chance the machine dares to run out of receipt paper and tells me to "see attendant." It's not happening!!) Instead, I spend a ridiculous amount of time pumping and stopping on, apparently, all the amounts right before or right after my holy grail multiple of five. When I finally land on that coveted number, I really feel like I've won! But, we all know it's not really winning ... it's Charlie Sheen winning. You know, the kind where you feel like everyone is watching because you're an awesome rock star from Mars ... or something like that ... but really, everyone is watching in both shock and pity for the inevitable train wreck that's a short ways down the track. Yeah. Winning. But I choose to live in my sweet delusion.

Labels:

35 36 37 38 Save your template, and you have successfully implemented redirection on your Blogger blog. However, you still need to setup redirection on your WordPress site so that users are redirected to the proper posts. You need to copy and paste the following code in your WordPress theme’s functions.php file or in a site-specific plugin. If this is your first time adding code to your WordPress site, then you may want to check our beginner’s guide to pasting snippets from the web into WordPress. 01 function blogger_query_vars_filter( $vars ) { 02 $vars[] = "blogger"; 03 return $vars; 04 } 05 06 add_filter('query_vars', 'blogger_query_vars_filter'); 07 08 function blogger_template_redirect() { 09 global $wp_query; 10 $blogger = $wp_query->query_vars['blogger']; 11 if ( isset ( $blogger ) ) { 12 wp_redirect( get_wordpress_url ( $blogger ) , 301 ); 13 exit; 14 } 15 } 16 17 add_action( 'template_redirect', 'blogger_template_redirect' ); 18 19 function get_wordpress_url($blogger) { 20 if ( preg_match('@^(?:https?://)?([^/]+)(.*)@i', $blogger, $url_parts) ) { 21 $query = new WP_Query ( 22 array ( "meta_key" => "blogger_permalink", "meta_value" => $url_parts[2] ) ); 23 if ($query->have_posts()) { 24 $query->the_post(); 25 $url = get_permalink(); 26 } 27 wp_reset_postdata(); 28 } 29 return $url ? $url : home_url(); 30 }