01 02 03 Not Entirely Ordinary: It's Raining Pigs! Hallelujah! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

It's Raining Pigs! Hallelujah!

34
At some point every morning, I take a few minutes to peruse our local tv news' website. You know, catch up on the daily headlines ... check the weather ... the normal stuff. Most of the time, quickly skimming the headlines is enough to get the gist of the story ... or at best, I'll read the first few paragraphs. I have a degree in Communications ... you can't fool me! I know allll about your inverted pyramid, tricksters. (News outlets expect you'll only read the first few paragraphs, so stories are written where the most important information is in the first few paragraphs ... the rest of the story slowly dwindles down to the stuff no one really cares about.)

Occasionally, the person in charge of coming up with the headlines knows how to pull me in with a tempting title that just CANNOT be ignored. Today, I was NOT disappointed. Much to my delight, as I did a quick once-over, one particular story caught my eye. As I took a closer look, it read, "Pigs Run Amok on I-40." HOW could I turn this down?! There was no way anything in this was going to disappoint. I was drawn in ... hook, line, and sinker.

BUT it just gets better!!! I just checked the news outlet out again just a few minutes ago because, well, because I was bored. iCarly was just not doing it for me tonight. And to my amazement and complete excitement, the story had been re-headlined so as not to lose readers throughout the day. In my opinion, it's the best headline ever. Rick disagrees. You be the judge. 

"Morning Commute Hampered by Rain, Pigs." Yes, please!

Enjoy!


Posted by Heather

Labels:

35 36 37 38 Save your template, and you have successfully implemented redirection on your Blogger blog. However, you still need to setup redirection on your WordPress site so that users are redirected to the proper posts. You need to copy and paste the following code in your WordPress theme’s functions.php file or in a site-specific plugin. If this is your first time adding code to your WordPress site, then you may want to check our beginner’s guide to pasting snippets from the web into WordPress. 01 function blogger_query_vars_filter( $vars ) { 02 $vars[] = "blogger"; 03 return $vars; 04 } 05 06 add_filter('query_vars', 'blogger_query_vars_filter'); 07 08 function blogger_template_redirect() { 09 global $wp_query; 10 $blogger = $wp_query->query_vars['blogger']; 11 if ( isset ( $blogger ) ) { 12 wp_redirect( get_wordpress_url ( $blogger ) , 301 ); 13 exit; 14 } 15 } 16 17 add_action( 'template_redirect', 'blogger_template_redirect' ); 18 19 function get_wordpress_url($blogger) { 20 if ( preg_match('@^(?:https?://)?([^/]+)(.*)@i', $blogger, $url_parts) ) { 21 $query = new WP_Query ( 22 array ( "meta_key" => "blogger_permalink", "meta_value" => $url_parts[2] ) ); 23 if ($query->have_posts()) { 24 $query->the_post(); 25 $url = get_permalink(); 26 } 27 wp_reset_postdata(); 28 } 29 return $url ? $url : home_url(); 30 }