01 02 03 Not Entirely Ordinary: Hello, my name is... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Hello, my name is...

34
I'm the "SH" part of Sheather, a lovely moniker our friends decided to give us when we were in college.  Now-a-days people just call me Shannon...or Tara, but that's a whole different post all together.

I spin my wheels up here in the Nation's Capital with a husband, a dog (our schmoopy, otherwise known as Wylie) and what finally feels like a career, six  years after graduating from our beloved Campbell University.  Never heard of it?  That's why God made Google.

Heather and I decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon after getting inspired by several blogs, which we'll post in a blog roll as soon as we figure out how to do that.  After much debate about whether we were funny enough, clever enough, compelling enough to start a blog, we decided to bite the bullet.  She and I will cover all sorts of fun things about our lives...she'll be flying solo with covering the baby carriage...for a few years at least.

I'll refrain from listing my likes and dislikes now, hopefully if I write like I should, you'll be able to figure out what I do and don't like. My grammar is questionable.  My sense of humor is borrowed from movie quotes and other people's anecdotes.  I wear my heart on my sleeve, cry at everything and occasionally I'll form a political opinion or two.  It happens when you live in DC.

So on that note...I dive in.

Labels:

35 36 37 38 Save your template, and you have successfully implemented redirection on your Blogger blog. However, you still need to setup redirection on your WordPress site so that users are redirected to the proper posts. You need to copy and paste the following code in your WordPress theme’s functions.php file or in a site-specific plugin. If this is your first time adding code to your WordPress site, then you may want to check our beginner’s guide to pasting snippets from the web into WordPress. 01 function blogger_query_vars_filter( $vars ) { 02 $vars[] = "blogger"; 03 return $vars; 04 } 05 06 add_filter('query_vars', 'blogger_query_vars_filter'); 07 08 function blogger_template_redirect() { 09 global $wp_query; 10 $blogger = $wp_query->query_vars['blogger']; 11 if ( isset ( $blogger ) ) { 12 wp_redirect( get_wordpress_url ( $blogger ) , 301 ); 13 exit; 14 } 15 } 16 17 add_action( 'template_redirect', 'blogger_template_redirect' ); 18 19 function get_wordpress_url($blogger) { 20 if ( preg_match('@^(?:https?://)?([^/]+)(.*)@i', $blogger, $url_parts) ) { 21 $query = new WP_Query ( 22 array ( "meta_key" => "blogger_permalink", "meta_value" => $url_parts[2] ) ); 23 if ($query->have_posts()) { 24 $query->the_post(); 25 $url = get_permalink(); 26 } 27 wp_reset_postdata(); 28 } 29 return $url ? $url : home_url(); 30 }